Hi! I, Junaid Saif Khan, am an aspiring physicist and currently a Ph.D. student in the “Cosmology, Relativity, and Astrophysics” group at the University of Texas at Dallas. I’m currently interested in a wide variety of things, from approaches to Quantum Gravity to Mathematical aspects of String Theory, Cosmology, and Black Hole Physics and Information Paradox.
I am also interested in fundamental questions like the origin and future of the Universe, what goes on inside black holes, how they would behave if gravity is just a tad wrong, and if there is a fundamental description of the “Reality” we see around us. My recent research work can be seen https://junaidsaifkhan.com/physics-research/
I enjoy cooking (and eating), watching films (mostly science fiction), modern art (if amusing), reading novels (as a hobby), listening to music (albeit slightly tone-deaf), philosophy (more so as a youth), learning new things (leisure browsing Wikipedia), sleeping (when I can), working (as much as I can), and life as it comes.
- Studied textbooks early and understood the importance of mathematics and programing.
- Ever since I read about the black hole information paradox and problems in quantum gravity, I knew I wanted to develop myself as a physicist and take part in endeavors to solve this problem.
- My aim was to build my physicist toolset to as many hammers that had been used to hit this nail. My journey took me from researching in Quantum Chromodynamics, to writing my MS thesis in AdS/CFT correspondence using the knowledge String theory, all the way to start researching in Canonical gravity which comes under Quantum Cosmology.
- String Theory
- Quantum Gravity
- Quantum Cosmology
- Black Holes Physics and Information Paradox
- General Relativity
- Mathematical Aspects of Quantum Field Theories
A few words about me and my work and how you can contact me or send an inquiry. So please get in touch if you have any questions at all. I love talking with people about the craft that I love.
Department of Physics
Syed Babar Ali School of Science and Engineering
Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS)